- 1 cup (8 ounces or 240 grams) – Hot and Sweet Sprouted Mix from Sprout People
- 2 cups (16 ounces or 480 grams) – Chopped Red Cabbage
- 16 – Grape Tomatoes
- 2 – Peeled Cucumbers
- 2-5 – Raw Jalapenos – Sliced (as much heat as you can handle!)
Non-Fat Dressing Options
The beautiful and vibrant Jeannette from Ms.FitVegan has a non-fat salad dressing she likes that includes 1-2 T. organic maple syrup, lime juice of 1-2 limes, Dulse flakes, organic red cayenne pepper flakes, and salt-free, organic mustard.
Recipe creator extraordinaire Lissa from RawFoodRomance has a non-fat, raw vegan French dressing. It includes dates, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, sundried tomatoes, and a few other amazing ingredients.
And if you’ve been raw vegan any length of time, I’m sure you’ve heard of “Tomango” salad dressing. You guessed it; the ingredients are tomatoes and mangos blended!
Then you can add in fresh herbs like dill or basil for some added flavor. And, of course, any of your favorite spices. The first time I tried it, I was pleasantly surprised!
The Dressing for This Salad
I personally don’t use vinegar often, but I decided to try a sample pack they had on special, and it was really tasty!*
Super handy to bring to restaurants when you have to socialize with non-vegans.
It’s not technically “raw,” but you can set the boundaries for what works best for you. The same goes for the Coconut Aminos. My dressing is as follows:
- Drizzle California Balsamic and Coconut Aminos to your taste!
- Then add any other dried herbs or spices you enjoy. That’s it!
- You may also enjoy a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime.
A Note on Digestion
This salad is great for weight loss because there are no added fats, and it is full of fiber and bulk to keep you full all day.
However, if you’re NOT used to eating a high-fiber or plant-based diet, then you’re not going to want this much all in one sitting. You will want to build up to it slowly.
Iceberg and romaine, and cucumbers all digest really well, so you can add a lot of that to bulk up the salad in the beginning until you can work in more of the cabbage and sprouted lentils and beans.
* If you mention “ShariLikesFruit” in the “notes” section when you checkout (for orders $60+), they said they’d upgrade one of your samples to a 3-ounce travel size at no extra charge. I may receive a small commission from any sales that I use to support this site.